Marble is an elegant, discount cialis beautiful stone to use in many areas of your home, stone usa but it does require care to prevent or remedy etches and stains. An etch is a mark that occurs as a result of acids contacting the stone and causing a reaction. A stain can happen on any stone, caused commonly by grease or rust which can leave a permanent mark. Stains might be removed by applying a poultice, but an etch mark needs to be honed by diamond grit and best by a professional. A stain is usually darker and etchings are lighter and duller.
Different stains may need different poultices and recipes can be adjusted accordingly. Hydrogen peroxide is used for rust stains. The peroxide can be replaced by a degreaser when attacking a grease stain. Don’t worry, if a stain can go in, a stain can come out.
STONE POULTICE RECIPE:
1.Unscented baby powder or talcum powder
2. Plastic cup
3. Plastic wrap
4. Razor blade
5. Masking tape
6. Plastic putty knife
7. Stirrer stick
8. Hydrogen peroxide-40% by volume.
HOW TO APPLY THE POULTICE:
1. Pick a test area that has the most damage or staining to it.
2. Combine the peroxide and the baby powder in the cup and mix until it is a paste with the consistency of peanut butter.
3. Apply the paste to the stained area with the putty knife about 1/4? thick.
4. Cover the area with plastic wrap.
5. Tape down the edges using masking tape.
6. Use the razor blade to cut one or two slits in the plastic so it can breathe.
7. Allow the paste to stay on the counter for 24 hours.
8. After 24 hours use the plastic putty knife to scrape off the now dried paste.
9. Rinse the work area with water and dry with a paper towel.
10. After the surface is completely dry, compare the test space to the rest of the counter and evaluate your progress.
11. Repeat the process in sections of the counter until desired result is achieved.
If the poultice doesn’t get the result you’re looking for, don’t hesitate to contact Zoltan Stoneworks for a free quote 1-(202)400-1541.